Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Decisions (or at least one) made!

I ordered the patterns for my vintage dresses! They should be shipped out in the next day or two. After a lot of deliberation, I decided to order two patterns: one for a 1940's scoopneck shirtwaist dress and another for a 1930's blouse and skirt set. Now to decide on the fabric. I'm thinking about choosing brighter colors for the both of them, but don't know if I want to shell out the cash for fancy vintage reproduction cotton. We'll see. I am currently leaning towards maybe ordering reproduction fabric for one, then getting something from JoAnn's for the other. I've only worked with cotton or linen before (and had good results), so I am leaning towards that because it's easy to work with. But I may try to branch out and pick a different fabric for the dress. Anyway, without further ado, I present my two pattern choices.



No comments:

Post a Comment