Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Huzzah!

My patterns came in the mail yesterday and I am suddenly really inspired to get started on (at least one of) them. I checked the mail as I left for babysitting and found a small package with my name in the mail!! Yay! They were here! Both were packaged very nicely in clear plastic envelopes (and I would highly recommend the seller as she shipped very quickly - purchased monday, sent wednesday, received friday).

I'm starting with the pattern on the left, the dress/skirt and blouse set with the short sleeves

After babysitting, I went over to Joann's to pick up some fabric for the blouse/dress/skirt (and notions for my apron making fiasco). Let's just note this now that when I go shopping alone, I tend to take my time, weighing every option and possibility (which is great for a savvy shopper, not the time-saver). Two hours later, I walked out with tracing paper, a tracing wheel, a measuring gauge (good for making a pattern and creating your own seam allowances), and a huge pile of fabric. I think it totals close to 8 yards. I bought 3 yards of plain white muslin (for lining and such - boring), 1/8th of a yard of silky white taffeta for "sleeve stiffener," 4 yards of a blue and green dot cotton which I am planning to use as the blouse (with enough leftover yardage to create a matching skirt), and a yard and a half of bright lime green cotton sateen for a second skirt to match the blouse. I'm really happy with the dotted fabric because it is very similar to one I found on reproductionfabrics.com, just half the price and minus shipping costs.

So pretty!!

I'm also working on some baby bibs for my mom's coworker who just had a baby girl and I decided it might be good to deplete my stash of pink baby fabric. More about that in my next post.

I also finally heard from the theater I applied to intern at and they want me to come in on Sunday and help them out by being a dresser backstage! I've never been a dresser before, so I hope it's not too hard to pick up on. Hopefully I'll have good news to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment