Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Something Borrowed, Something Blue..

And a silver sixpence in her shoe…On occasion I do like to repost some fun photos I find while looking through various tumblrs because I refuse to create another blog account (why should I make another when I have a perfectly fine blogger account, even though I could then follow some of my college friends that way) just to repost pictures. Anyway, I've always had a craving for oogling at fancy dresses (does it surprise you readers that I bought my junior prom dress in January, before I even had a date and tickets went on sale?), especially wedding dresses. So here I present some of my favorite dress findings (below the cut):

So dainty and lacy. 

This reminds me a lot of Marie Antoinette and traveling dresses she might have worn. Very pretty.

Ultimate cupcake dress - it's so pink (a bit too much for a wedding dress). The styling is a bit Rococo.

From the Alfred Angelo Disney Collection. Can you guess the princess? 

Ok, trick dress. It's the back of Christine's Think of Me dress from Phantom of the Opera. Amazing beading on that dress.

Very fifties. I love the hair and the soft chiffon petticoat. 

This reminds me a lot of my prom dress (which was also empire waisted) with a lot more volume in the skirt.

More frilly lacy goodness. The blue ribbon is perfect.

And wearing ribbons down her back. The flowers in her hair are a perfect accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment